List of Top PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) Colleges in Bangalore Based on 2022-2023 Ranking
Bangalore is officially Bengaluru and is considered to be the capital and the largest city in Bangalore, which is located in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is home to more than 8 million people and the metropolitan population is around 11 million. It is the third-highest populated city in India and the fifth most populous urban city in India as well as the biggest city within South India, and the 27th most populous city in the globe. It is located in the Deccan Plateau, at an altitude of more than 900 meters (3,000 feet) over sea level. Bangalore enjoys healthy weather throughout the year. The city's elevation is among the highest among cities that are major in India. 13 Bangalore is often referred to by many as the "Silicon Valley in India" due to its status as the world's largest information technology (IT) exporter. According to the Ease of Living Index 2020 (published by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs) Bangalore was ranked as the most liveable Indian city, with a population of more than one million. It is also one of the top Indian cities in living standards across the globe.
Bangalore has an average literacy rate of 88%, as per the census 2011. Up until the 19th century, the education system in Bangalore was mostly administered by religious leaders and was restricted only to students belonging to the religion. The system of western education was introduced under the reign of Mummadi Krishnaraja Wdeyar. In 1832 the British Wesleyan Mission established the first English school, called the Wesleyan Canarese School. The founders of the Paris Foreign Missions established the St. Joseph's European School in 1858. In 1858, the Bangalore High School was started by the Mysore government 1858. The Bishop Cotton Boys' Academy was established in 1865. In 1945, when World War II came to its conclusion, The King George Royal Indian Military College was established in Bangalore under the reign of King George VI. The school is also called the Bangalore Military School.
Education in Bangalore
It was established in 1858. Central College of Bangalore is the oldest university in the city. It was originally affiliated with Bangalore University, which was then the University of Mysore, and subsequently with Bangalore University. In 1882, priests from the Paris Foreign Missions Society established St. Joseph's College. Bangalore University was established in 1886. It is associated with more than 500 colleges and has an enrollment of more than 300,000. The school has two campuses in Bangalore Jnanabharathi as well as Central College. University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering was founded on the 17th of November, 1917. It was founded through M. Visvesvaraya and is associated with a number of private engineering schools. Some of the private universities located in Bangalore are Symbiosis International University, SVKM's NMIMS, CMR University, Christ University, Jain University, PES University, Dayananda Sagar University as well as Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences. Private medical schools comprise St. John's Medical College, M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences as well as Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre. There is also the M. P. Birla Institute of Fundamental Research has an affiliate located in Bangalore.
The PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Bangalore is a two-year full-time diploma course that equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills required to become successful managers in today's competitive business world. The course covers a wide range of topics such as finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and business strategy.
The PGDM curriculum is designed to be practical and industry-oriented, with a focus on building managerial skills and developing a global perspective. The PGDM course in Bangalore is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the business environment, the challenges of managing in a rapidly changing world, and the skills needed to succeed in today's dynamic business world.
The PGDM program in Bangalore is offered by various business schools in India and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Ministry of Education. The PGDM course in Bangalore is designed to develop students' leadership, communication, and analytical skills, making them well-equipped to take on managerial roles in various organizations across different sectors.
Types of PGDM Program in Bangalore:
The PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) programs in Bangalore are of different types, catering to the needs of various students. Some of the common types of PGDM programs in Bangalore include:
Full-Time PGDM: This is a two-year, full-time program offered by business schools or management institutes. It involves regular classroom sessions, workshops, projects, internships, and other extracurricular activities to provide a comprehensive learning experience. It is ideal for those who want to pursue a career in management or related fields.
Part-Time PGDM: This is a flexible program designed for working professionals who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge while continuing with their jobs. It involves evening or weekend classes and covers the same curriculum as the full-time program. The duration of the program may vary from one to three years depending on the institute.
Online PGDM: This program is offered through the Internet, and students can access the course material from anywhere at any time. It is ideal for those who cannot attend regular classes due to work or personal commitments. Online PGDM programs also offer flexibility in terms of duration, course modules, and assessments.
Distance PGDM: This program is similar to the online program, but the course material is delivered through physical study material, such as books and CDs, instead of online resources. The program is ideal for those who do not have reliable internet connectivity or prefer traditional modes of learning.
PGDM Course Specializations in Bangalore:
The PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Bangalore is a popular course among management aspirants in India. It is a 2-year full-time course that is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the corporate world. There are several specializations available in PGDM, which are as follows:
Human Resource Management
International Business Management
Information Technology Management
Supply Chain Management
Media and Communication Management
Public Policy and Management
Each of these specializations prepares students for a career in a specific field of management. The curriculum is tailored to provide in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the chosen area of specialization. Students can choose the specialization that aligns with their career goals and interests.
PGDM in Bangalore Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process:
The PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) in Bangalore is a two-year full-time program that aims to prepare students for a successful career in the field of management. The eligibility criteria and admission process for PGDM in Bangalore may vary from institute to institute, but some of the common requirements are as follows:
1. The candidate should have completed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
2. The minimum aggregate score for the bachelor's degree should be 50%, but it may vary from institute to institute.
3. The candidate should have a valid scorecard for management entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, etc.
4. Some institutes may also consider the work experience of the candidate while selecting for the PGDM program.
1. The candidate has to appear for any of the management entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, etc., and obtain a valid scorecard.
2. The candidate has to apply to the institutes of their choice either online or offline, depending on the institute's mode of application.
4. The institutes may conduct further rounds like Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interviews (PI), Written Ability Tests (WAT), etc., to select the candidates for the program.
4. After the selection process, the institutes will announce the final list of selected candidates.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria and admission process may vary from institute to institute. Candidates are advised to check the respective institute's website for detailed eligibility criteria and the admission process.
Top PGDM Colleges in India:
There are several top PGDM colleges in India that offer quality management education. Some of the best PGDM colleges in India are:
•Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
•Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
•Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
•Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
•Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
•Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
•Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
•SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
•International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi
•Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
These are just a few of the top PGDM colleges in India, and there are many other good colleges as well. The rankings of these colleges may vary depending on different surveys and parameters used.
Career Opportunities in Bangalore After PGDM Program:
After completing a PGDM program in Bangalore , graduates can explore a wide range of career opportunities in various fields. Some of the popular career options available after PGDM include:
1. Management Consultant: Management consultants are hired by organizations to identify problems, recommend solutions, and help implement changes to improve organizational performance.
2. Marketing Manager: Marketing managers are responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote a company's products or services.
3. Financial Analyst: Financial analysts analyze financial data to identify trends, make financial forecasts, and help companies make investment decisions.
4. Human Resource Manager: Human resource managers oversee the recruitment, training, and development of employees in an organization.
5. Operations Manager: Operations managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
6. Business Development Manager: Business development managers are responsible for identifying new business opportunities and developing strategies to help a company grow.
7. Entrepreneur: Graduates of PGDM programs in Bangalore can also choose to start their own businesses and become entrepreneurs.
8. Sales Manager: Sales managers are responsible for managing sales teams, setting sales targets, and developing sales strategies to help a company meet its revenue goals.
9. Supply Chain Manager: Supply chain managers are responsible for managing the flow of goods and services from suppliers to customers, ensuring that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
10. Project Manager: Project managers oversee projects from start to finish, ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders.
These are just some of the many career options available to graduates of PGDM programs in Bangalore . The exact career path will depend on the student's interests, skills, and specialization.
Top Recruiters for PGDM in Bangalore:
Some of the top recruiters for PGDM graduates in Bangalore , India include:
Ernst & Young
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Kotak Mahindra Bank
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL)
These companies offer various job roles such as management trainee, business analyst, marketing manager, financial analyst, operations manager, human resource manager, etc. Graduates with a PGDM degree in Bangalore can also start their own business or pursue higher education like a Ph.D. or a Post Graduate Diploma in a specialized field.
Benefits of PGDM Program in Bangalore:
There are several benefits of pursuing a PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) program in Bangalore . Some of them are:
1. Industry-Oriented Curriculum: The PGDM program in Bangalore is designed to provide students with industry-oriented knowledge and skills that are relevant to the current business environment. The curriculum is constantly updated to keep pace with the changing business trends and demands.
2. Practical Learning Experience: The program provides practical learning experiences through case studies, projects, internships, and live projects. This helps students to apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations and enhances their problem-solving skills.
3. Global Exposure: Many PGDM programs in Bangalore offer international exposure through student exchange programs, global immersion programs, and study tours. This provides students with an opportunity to learn about different cultures, business practices, and global trends.
4. Placement Opportunities: Most PGDM programs in Bangalore have a strong industry connection and offer good placement opportunities. The placement cell of the college helps students to get placed in reputed companies in various sectors.
5. Entrepreneurial Skills: The PGDM program in Bangalore provides students with the skills and knowledge required to start their own businesses. The program focuses on developing entrepreneurial skills such as creativity, innovation, and risk-taking.
6. Networking: The PGDM programs in Bangalore provide opportunities to interact with industry experts, alumni, and peers. This helps students to build a strong professional network that can be useful in their future careers.
7. Personal and Professional Growth: The program helps students to develop their personality and professional skills. It provides opportunities to enhance communication skills, leadership skills, and teamwork skills, which are essential for a successful career.
Overall, a PGDM program in Bangalore provides students with the necessary skills, knowledge, and exposure to succeed in the dynamic and competitive business world.